Apple has designed the iPad to automatically update on occasion for essential and systems software when your iPad is connected to a computer with internet. If you don’t connect your device and sync your data with regularit, follow the simple steps below to manually update your iPad software.
- Using the cable provided by Apple, connect your iPad to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and the software should automatically detect and sync your computer and your iPad.
- Select your iPad on the device list by clicking on it.
- Click the “Summary tab”.
- Click “Check for Update” to connect to the Apple data server. iTunes will now connect and see if there is any software to update. A dialog box will pop up giving the size of the update and description, if any software update is available.
- Click “Next”.
- iTunes will now display Apple’s License Agreement. Click “Agree” to accept.
- ITunes will now download your software update and automatically install the software. You iPad will restart once it’s finished and display the Apple logo.
What's your reaction?
This method still requires connecting to a computer! There should be a way to do this over the air; no computer required.