Flickr Studio ($4.99)
Flickr takes a unique approach to organizing photos compared to its many competitors. Flickr concentrates more on time and location in a truly global scale. Provided that the picture is taken with a device (DSLR, Point& Shoot Digital Camera, Or Cellphone Camera) that embeds geographic information into the photos, Flickr includes all that information in every uploaded photo. This geo-tagging system allows for some amazing features.
If you have a Flickr account, you definitely should download and install one of the Flickr applications. Flickr for iPad is a free app that allows you to upload and share your photos on your iPad and iPhone. With the regular Flickr app, you can share both photos and videos as well as tag and place them in different sets for organization. You’ll be able to geo-tag your photos in addition to keeping track of your friends and families through Flickr’s social sharing platform. Flickr for iPad incorporates all the powerful search features you find on your desktop or laptop computer.
Flickr Studio is a great app for those who regularly use a flickr account and a must have app for webmasters and photographers who use Flickr heavily. The Studio version is simply an amazing app that replicates all the features of flickr on the normal website. Virtually anything you can do on your computer, you can do on your iPad with Flickr Studio. You can view photos and videos through streams, photo sets, groups, tags as if you were on the website. The App incorporate a Power Search that allows you to search by name, tags, author, etc.
We personally love the security features such as the ability to choose permission levels (read, read/write, or read/write/delete) and the easy to navigate information panel. Another great feature we found in this app is the expansion of Flickr’s geo-tagging code. You can literally see the world by touching a portion of the globe on Flickr’s user interface. Using normal iPad gestures such as pinching and zooming you can immediately bring up photos for that area. With Flickr Studio’s global view, you can see Brazilian parrots in Amazon one second, and with a flick of the view ancient ruins in Rome.
Notable Features/Developer Description:
- Browse your (and everyone else’s) photos, videos, sets, collections, groups and tags.
- Display results in a list-, grid- or map view.
- Swipe through photos while instantly viewing info like title, location, description, comments and more.
- Or go big in the “full screen browsing mode”.
- View original of a photo (when available) for ultimate zooming!
- Smart preloading of photos, minimizing wait times when swiping through photos.
- Full video support
- Digital photo frame – display photos from your stream, contacts, favorites or explore.
- List your contacts and glance at everyone’s latest uploads.
- Find any Flickr user by user name or e-mail address.
- Explore the daily top 500 and get inpired.
- Find out what many people are shooting in the weekly “hot tags” or see the most recent uploads to Flickr.
- The commons. The hidden treasures in the world’s public photography archives !
- Move and zoom around on a world map, automatically showing Flickr content for that geographic location!