Storytelling on the iPad: Sherlock Holmes with Booktrack – The Adventure of the Speckled Band
“It was the band, the speckled band!” screamed Julia in her last words to her twin sister Helen. The story begins when Helen Stoner calls upon Sherlock Holmes to investigate the strange and disturbing death of her sister Julia. Mysterious abound as there is a strange whistling sound in the dark of the night, a strange bell cord appears in her room with no bell, and Julia was healthy and engaged to be married. The Adventure of the Speckled Band is one of the 56 stories that make up Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and is brought to life with Booktrack’s rendition of this classic story.
There are dozens or eBook and audio book apps available but none offer the unique experience of Booktrack. Booktrack is an e-reader that incorporates movie quality soundtracks while you are reading. Booktracks is not an audio book, since no one is reading to you. As you are reading, you are immersed in the fictional world hearing with synchronized music and sound effects.
How to use Booktrack on your iPad:
1) To get started just tap the book title page
2) You turn the page left or right by using the swiping your finger left or right.
3) To pause the audio, tap once on the text. You can restart audio by tapping once more.
4) If you read ahead, or behind, just double tap (i.e. tap twice quickly) next to the word and the audio track will jump to your reading location
5) Booktrack will learn your reading speed and adjust the soundtrack playback to match.
6) Change Reading Speed: Tap on the wrench on the bottom right corner to adjust reading speed
7) Change Sound Volume: Tap on the wrench