Make Video Calls with FaceTime on your iPad 2
The iPad 2 with its front facing video camera allows Apple users to teleconference and video chat inexpensively. FaceTime from Apple make video conferencing even more convenient by combining the best features of video conferencing and instant messaging platforms into one powerful mobile app. FaceTime is free and comes standard on your iPad 2. You will need to get a free Apple ID and be connected to the internet via 3G or Wi-Fi to use it.
To get started, follow these steps to use FaceTime:
1) Touch the FaceTime icon on the Home screen
2) Sign in with your Apple ID
3) To open a list of your contacts, touch the “Contacts” icon at the bottom of your screen.
4) Touch the name of the person you want to call.
5) Touch the phone number of email account they use for FaceTime.
6) You can start talking when your friend accepts FaceTime request
7) Touch the end button to end your video call.
Starting FaceTime within the Contacts Screen
1) You can also initiate a FaceTime call without loading the app first by touching the FaceTime icon when you are in your list of contacts.