How to Stream your iPad 2 Files With AirPlay
AirPlay is Apple’s technology for wirelessly streaming/transferring files within multiple devices. Essentially AirPlay is Apple’s equivalent to DLNA technology prevalent in consumer electronics right now. For AirPlay to work your electronic device must be AirPlay compatible. Dedicated Apple customers should look for the AirPlay moniker when purchasing speakers, stereos, TV and other home electronics.
AirPlay allows your iPad to retrieve content from your iTunes library, as well as transfer files such as music, videos, and photos to other device. For example, if you have an AirPlay compatible TV, you can watch videos streamed from your iPad library!
After you have setup your AirPlay compatible devices on your home network, you can stream files to and from your iPad as follows:
1) Touch the AirPlay icon on your iPad screen.
2) You will now see a drop down screen with a list of devices connected to your AirPlay network.
3) Choose the device you want to use. (i.e. Apple TV or Master Bedroom stereo)
4) Your photo, audio or video stream should now play on your chosen device.
5) Playback control is from the iPad