How to Share/Tether your mobile data connection on your Android Tablet
Before we begin going over how to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot and tethering with your Android Device, please keep in mind this will use up data on your data plan as well as drain your battery much faster. Additionally, not every Android Tablet manufacturers and Mobile data providers allow for tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot usage, even though the Android Tablet OS supports these functions.
With this said, your Android Tablet has the ability to share its data connection with one laptop with either Bluetooth or USB tethering. You can also turn your Android tablet into a Wi-FI hotspot supporting up to 8 devices.
How to share your Android Tablet’s data connection with USB
Windows 7 computers can simply plug in their Android attached USB cord into a free USB port without preparing your computer or installing any special software. Those with other operating systems should visit www.android.com/tether to see if special preparation is needed for tethering.
1) Connect the USB cable provided with your tablet to your computer
2) Go the Settings Application on your Android Tablet.
3) Tap “Wireless & Networks”
4) Tap “Tethering & portable hotspot
5) Tap “USB tethering” to check the box.
Your Android tablet should now share its mobile data access with your computer via USB. You can monitor your connection and bandwidth by viewing the notification icon added to your system bar.
Disconnecting your USB tethering:
6) You can disconnect by un-checking the “USB tethering” check box, or disconnecting the USB cable.
How to share your Android Tablet’s data connection via wireless Bluetooth
1) Enable/Turn on your Bluetooth receiver in your computer.
2) Pair your Android Tablet with your computer.
3) Connect the USB cable provided with your tablet to your computer
4) Go the Settings Application on your Android Tablet.
5) Tap “Wireless & Networks”
6) Tap “Tethering & portable hotspot
7) Tap “Bluetooth tethering” to check the box.
How to turn your Android Tablet into a WI-FI Hotspot
1) Go the Settings Application on your Android Tablet.
2) Tap “Wireless & Networks”
3) Tap “Tethering & portable hotspot
4) Tap “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” to check the box.
5) Your Tablet should broadcast a WIFI SSD signal
6) You can now pair up to 8 devices to your Android Tablet
7) Tap “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” to uncheck the box to disconnect the WIFI hotspot.