How to (Manually) Update to iOS 4.3.5 for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Update (October 12, 2011): Apple released iOS 5.0 for iPad and other Devices. You can go HERE for instructions and direct/manual iOS 5.0 Operating System download for iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Apple TV
Apple has released iOS 4.3.5 to fix the following issues:
i) Certificate Validation. Apple fixed a secuirty threat where hackers could access your Apple Mobile Device through a certificate validation.
ii) Other Security Patches.
ii) Security. This update includes a number of operating system and software security patches.
NOTE: CDMA users will be updating to iOS version 4.2.10. This update does contain many of the security fixes for iOS 4.3.5
Before You Begin:
1. We suggest you back up your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch through iTunes.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. Apple requires you to have the most recent iTunes version. You can update iTunes clicking “Check for Updates” or by downloading iTunes from Apple.com.
For Windows 32-bit users, the direct download link is here.
Windows 64-bit users can download 64-bit iTunes here.
3. If you are having trouble downloading and installing the operating system on your iPad through iTunes, this may be caused by your computer’s anti-virus or firewall software. Disable your anti-virus and firewall software, and restart iTunes before trying to update your iPad again. You will have to download the update file again, or you can follow the Manual Update Instructions below.
Manual Update Instructions
1) Download the iOS IPSW file for your iPad or iPhone version. The download links from Apple.com are given below.
2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad/iPhone using the USB cable.
3) Depending on whether you run Windows or have a MAC, follow
- Mac – Hold the Option key and then click on the “Check for Update/Update” button.
- Windows PC – Hold the Shift key and then click on the “Check for Update/Update” button.
4) A Dialog screen will appear prompting you for the location of the IPSW file you downloaded. Find the file in the file browser and select the IPSW file.
5) iTunes will now use the iPSW file and update your iPad/iPhone to the new iOS version. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
iOS 4.3.4 IPSW Direct Download Links from Apple.com:
iPad 2, WIFI Only. Download Here.
iPad 2, GSM (AT&T). Download Here.
iPad 2, CDMA (Verizon). Download Here.
iPad 1 (1st Generation). Download Here.
iPhone 4, GSM (AT&T). Download Here.
iPhone 3GS Download Here.
iPod Touch 3G. Download Here.
iPod Touch 4G. Download Here.
Verizon iPhone 4: Please note the most up to date iOS for Verizon phones is 4.2.10 which incorporates most of the bug fixes available in iOS4.3.5 for other devices.
iPhone 4, CDMA (Verizon) Download Here.