ESPN ScoreCenter XL iPad App
The ESPN ScoreCenter XL iPad app first appeared as an iPhone app but ESPN made the conversion to fully utilize the iPads unique capabilities. If you are a sports fan of any sort, this will be one of the first apps you will install. This app is free and you’ll likely make a lot new friends as everyone will be asking you for the last score.
The Sports Center app offers live play- by-play, game highlights, in-game statistics, stat summaries, box scores, league standings and more. There’s play-by-play commentary of previous games as well as video highlights.
Installation is simple as all you have to do is select the app and wait a minute. When first using the ESPN ScoreCenter XL iPad app you will see it has two sections – myTeams and Top Events – and you can customize content display as well as choose which section to start first. What’s great about this app is the video. I prefer watching it to ESPN SportsCenter on TV as I can quickly go to the highlights of my favorite team and player. What’s also fun is you can watch the full game preview as well as post game interviews. The App can stream live video, new and highlights on both 3G and WIFI.
A sample list of sports covered by this ESPN SportsCenter App:
– Major League Baseball (MLB)
– National Basketball Association (NBA)
– National Football League (NFL)
– National Hockey League (NHL)
– NCAA Basketball, Football, Ice Hockey, Baseball, and more
– Over 100 global and regional soccer leagues and tournaments like the FIFA World Cup, Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Spanish Liga BBVA and much more
– Auto Racing including NASCAR, Formula 1, Indy car
– Rugby Union
– Top Events featuring big events like boxing, MMA and cycling